Terminal Agitation Patient in a Care Home
This micro skills course explores the key issues around the assessment and management of terminal agitation in a dying patient living in a care home. Using a micro skills course, it discusses how to assess and manage the needs of the patient, family, other residents and also those of the care home staff.
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Assess a dying patient who is agitated in a care home situation
- Recognise the causes of agitation which may be correctable
- Outline a management plan for terminal agitation, both for the patient and for the overall situation
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.