Term Newborn Babies at Risk of Respiratory Distress (Hospital)
This micro skills course aims to test and consolidate knowledge and skills to enable the practitioner to provide high quality care to the neonate, encouraging an integrated and seamless team approach to care. It includes a number of case micro skills courses of babies with respiratory issues for the learner to consider and apply their knowledge to practice. The micro skills courses are based within hospital and birth centre settings.
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe the factors which may place babies at risk of respiratory distress and be able to identify those babies who require intervention and further management
- Explain how to design an appropriate plan of care, in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team, and the mother, to reduce the need for neonatal team intervention and separation
- Actively manage a compromised baby and implement strategies to reduce separation of mother and baby
- Provide clear and easy to understand information to the parents
- Identify national and local policies available to support your practice
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.