Team Working and Patient Safety
This micro skills course will demonstrate how effective teamwork is a determining factor in patient safety, and will enable you to ensure that any team you work with is effective and therefore able to provide safer care for the patient.
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Define what is and is not a team
- List what makes a multi-disciplinary team effective
- Describe research evidence of how these factors contribute to patient safety
- Use a checklist with any team as a basis to discuss its effectiveness
- Create a plan, in conjunction with the team concerned, to build on the team’s strengths and improve its effectiveness</li></ol>
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.