This micro skills course aims to provide the learner with an understanding of the principles of caring for a person with a palliative illness who has symptom control issues causing immediate distress as applied to paramedic practice in end-of-life and palliative care.
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Explain the reasoning behind anticipatory prescribing (just in case medication)
- Assess and manage the five main symptoms that can occur close to the end of life
- Research your own Trust guidelines to understand your own scope of practice
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.