This micro skills course will give an overview of the problem of constipation and soiling in school-aged children. It will discuss the assessment process and treatment interventions and highlight the impact this distressing problem has on the child, their family and wider community.
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe constipation and soiling problems in children
- Describe the impact of faecal continence problems on families and children: financial, emotional, educational, psychological
- Correctly diagnose faecal continence problems and describe the treatment of constipation and soiling
- Outline principles of emotional and behavioural support for children with continence issues
- Recognise red flag signs and know when to refer (e.g. encopresis) or involve multidisciplinary team members
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.