This micro skills course describes the anatomy of the shoulder and the common mechanisms that precipitate injury. It will detail examination of the shoulder and common shoulder injuries that may present to paramedics. It aims to give the pre-hospital clinician a greater understanding of shoulder injuries and red flags which may indicate a serious injury requiring further assessment and treatment.
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Identify shoulder anatomy
- Recognise common mechanisms of injury
- Demonstrate knowledge of the process and theory that support a systematic approach to shoulder assessment
- Recognise common shoulder injuries
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.