This micro skills course covers the effects of disability and chronic illness on sexuality and sexual identity. It will also outline discussing sexuality with chronically ill young people.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Association of Palliative Medicine
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Explain what sexuality is and why it is important, especially to chronically ill young people
- State some of the barriers healthcare professionals might face when speaking to chronically ill young people about sexuality
- Describe ways to start a conversation with a chronically ill young person about sexuality
- Outline why sexual expression is important to chronically ill young people
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.