This micro skills course outlines the practical issues involved with sedating patients including the methods, equipment required and safety issues.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Royal College of Anaesthetists
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Recognize when sedation is appropriate
- Distinguish between anxiolysis, sedation and analgesia and describe the methods employed to address each one
- Explain how to perform safe conscious sedation
- Identify the problems that can arise from over-sedating patients, and how to treat them
- List the monitoring requirements needed to sedate patients safely
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.