School Entry Assessment
This micro skills course builds on the school entry health assessment in micro skills course Surveillance and Health Promotion (411-004). It focuses on the care plan development necessary for children with identified additional health and social needs (Universal Plus and Universal Partnership Plus) following a more in-depth, holistic assessment of the child within the family and analysis of all the information about the child.
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Assess risks and describe support for children with social, neonatal, developmental and long-standing illness problems;
- Explain ways of identifying concerns about individual children from parents and teachers, from health visitors, school nurses and screening;
- Describe epidemiology and identification of developmental issues: learning, coordination, concentration;
- Assess socialisation and identify problems: bullying and emotional issues and describe interventions;
- Advise on continence: normal variations and common problems
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.