Safe Use of Injectable Medicines Part 2
This micro skills course is designed to teach you how to safely and effectively prescribe a range of commonly prescribed, yet complex intravenous medicines.You will consolidate the learning in micro skills course – Safe Use of Injectable Medicines Part 1 by application of knowledge to realistic clinical settings.
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Prescribe a range of commonly used intravenous medicines clearly and accurately
- Perform calculations accurately in order to prescribe safely
- Apply the principles of dilution and rate control of infusions learnt in Session – Safe Use of Injectable Medicines Part 1 to practice scenarios
- Use reference sources to extract relevant information to prescribe Intravenous (IV) medicines safely
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.