Resuscitation Paediatric Level 2
This micro skills course covers the statutory and mandatory training for Resuscitation Paediatric Level 2. It has been designed to meet the relevant learning outcomes in the UK Core Skills Training Framework.A separate eAssessment should be completed to demonstrate the required knowledge and understanding and to complete the training.
What will I learn?
- Explain where to find local resuscitation policies and procedures and the current Resuscitation Council (UK) guidelines
- Outline what to do in an emergency situation, including what to do when someone is choking and how to get a person in the recovery position
- Explain how to carry out an ABCDE assessment
- Describe how to make sure the child has an open airway
- Describe how to confirm respiratory arrest
- Describe how to confirm cardiac arrest
- Describe how to start and maintain effective chest compressions
- Explain how to report and record details of an emergency event
- Define your individual role and responsibilities in responding to persons in emergency situations
- Define your individual responsibilities in reporting and recording details of an emergency event accurately
- Explain the importance of undertaking any resuscitation interventions within the limits of your personal capabilities and context of any previous training received
- Describe how to apply the local Do Not Attempt Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Policy within clinical context
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.