Radiation Protection in Radionuclide Therapy Part II
The session will cover radionuclide therapy with beta emitting radiation and radiation protection for staff and facilities concerned with radioiodine treatment of carcinoma of the thyroid.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Institute of Physics and Engineering in Medicine
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Explain why some patients undergoing radiosynovectomy with pure beta radiation should be in-patients
- Describe facilities for in-patients receiving radioiodine therapy for carcinoma of the thyroid
- Identify suitable precautions for staff caring for a patient receiving radioiodine therapy for carcinoma of the thyroid
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.