Quality and Safety in the NHS
This micro skills course stresses that the drive for quality in the NHS has patient safety at its heart. It will introduce you to a broader concept of patient safety within patient pathways. Openness is discussed as the key feature required for patient safety.
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Define the three dimensions of quality
- Describe how quality is monitored in the NHS
- Recognise the importance of openness for patient safety
- Describe how the NHS Commissioning Board has continued the work of the National Patient Safety Agency (NPSA) in supporting patient safety
- Define Never Events and their importance
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.