Psychology of Improvement
This micro skills course examines how healthcare is always subject to change and debate as a result of political, social, technical, economic, organisational and professional factors that impact on provision of service.
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Recognize your role as an advocate for quality and consistency in patient care in the face of healthcare debates;
- Accept that compromise in such debates may have impact on medical care;
- Know how to develop a proposal for a management innovation (new service, expanded service, educational development etc);
- Recognize your special role in explaining and promoting the management process within their clinical specialty;
- Summarize how health policy is developed including the role of public consultation;
- Recognize the impact of ethical issues on health policy and the development of new treatments;
- Discuss recent trends in management (current examples are: The productive series, lean methodologies etc);
- Promote, and is receptive to, inter-professional cooperation and working;
- Work with stakeholders to create and sustain a patient-centred service
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.