Provide assistance with therapy session
This micro skills course applies to support workers in a residential or community context. Work performed requires a range of well developed skills where some discretion and judgement is required. Workers will take responsibility for their own outputs under direct or indirect supervision.
What will I learn?
- Assist with therapy tasks according to instructions of allied health professional
- Maintain general therapy precautions
- Seek clarification and feedback
- Take appropriate actions to ensure comfort, safety and privacy of the client
- Reinforce, clarify and explain therapy goals to clients under supervision of allied health professional
- Support and coach clients to achieve identified therapy goals under supervision of allied health professional
- Deal with accidents and incidents appropriately and report to the supervising allied health professional
- This skills course may contain references to Australian laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This skills course may not be available in your country.
- This skills course is delivered by a certified Talisium trainer and assessor in your workplace and requires active student participation including practical skills demonstrations for assessment.
What should I know before commencing this?
Provide relevant information to patients. Prepare the therapy session.