Primary School Presentations
This micro skills course gives an overview of common emotional and behavioural presentations in children in primary school (5 to 11 years old). It offers guidelines to assess and address parental concerns. We discuss symptoms that suggest there may be important underlying problems (alarm bells) and provide guidance for when you identify these problems.
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe issues arising when a child starts school or transfers to secondary school;
- Describe common presentations in primary age children, recognise variations in normal development and distinguish these from developmental disorders;
- Identify problems that interfere with a child’s functioning and progress, especially ‘red flag’ issues;
- Assess likely causes, gather information to address parental concerns and provide advice at an early stage</li></ol>
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.