Presentation and Assessment of Children with Special Educational Needs
This micro skills course provides a developmental approach with which to assess children who are having behavioural or academic trouble at school. A case study will illustrate the process.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Royal College of General Practitioners
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe an approach to making sense of the child’s difficulties in a holistic way;
- Include how information on biological, environmental and emotional factors can be evaluated in the context of special educational needs (SEN);
- Recognise the meaning of non-specific presentations: withdrawal, clowning, negative/oppositional behaviour;
- Use the 4 ‘P’s (predisposing, precipitating, perpetuating and protective) and the biopsychosocial approach in evaluating a child with complex problems
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.