Prescribing for Older People
Elderly people are particularly susceptible to side-effects of drugs; many of these are avoidable. This micro skills course outlines the principles of prescribing for older people in primary care.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Royal College of General Practitioners
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe the principles of prescribing for older people in the community
- Recognise the problems that older people might encounter when taking prescribed medication
- Clarify the process used for the safe management of medication reviews and repeat prescribing for older people in primary care
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.