Prepare to assist with medication
This micro skills course describes the skills and knowledge required to prepare for and provide medication assistance, and complete medication documentation. It also involves supporting a client to self-administer medication. This micro skills course applies to community services and health workers with authority in their state or territory to assist with the administration of medication.
What will I learn?
- Establish scope of own ability to provide assistance with medication according to organisation guidelines and jurisdictional regulatory requirements
- Identify lines of authority to delegate the task, accountability and actions to be taken to handle contingencies
- Confirm that equipment and all forms of medication to be administered are complete, ready for distribution and up to date
- Confirm with supervisor the authority to proceed with assisting in the processes used in delivery of medication to clients
- Follow infection prevention and control procedures
- This skills course may contain references to Australian laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This skills course may not be available in your country.
- This skills course is delivered by a certified Talisium trainer and assessor in your workplace and requires active student participation including practical skills demonstrations for assessment.