Poisons and Toxidromes
This micro skills course will identify the most common causes of paediatric poisoning. Later, it will explore the physiological changes associated with dangerous levels of toxins in the body and investigate the antidotes that can be used to augment treatment following paediatric poisoning.
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Identify the most common causes of paediatric poisoning
- Explain the meaning of the term toxidrome
- Describe the physiological changes associated with each toxidrome
- Identify the antidotes used to augment treatment in paediatric poisoning
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.