Pituitary Problems in Primary Care including Hyperprolactinaemia
The micro skills course looks at the pituitary gland and associated disorders. Prolactinomas and associated symptoms are covered, along with the pathophysiology of pituitary insufficiency and its investigation and management.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Royal College of General Practitioners
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- List the presentation and common causes of hyperprolactinaemia
- Describe common presentations of both secreting and non-secreting pituitary adenomas
- Describe the presentation of growth hormone disorders such as growth hormone deficiency and acromegaly
- Outline the significance of postpartum pituitary insufficiency
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.