Physics of Ultrasound and Image Optimisation
This micro skills course is an introduction to basic ultrasound physics and an explanation of how to optimise images.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Faculty of Intensive Care Medicine
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe the physical properties of sound waves and what happens to them as they pass through body tissue;
- Comprehend how a simple ultrasonic transducer works and how real-time echocardiographic images are created;
- Appreciate how imaging depth, gain and focus influence the quality of echo imaging and how to optimise these images
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.