This micro skills course describes the common causes of physical disability and explains the principles of supporting children with physical disabilities in school. The concept of functioning in daily activities, together with an outline of commonly recommended therapeutic interventions aiming to mitigate the effects of disability is also covered.
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe the common causes of physical disability
- Describe common less visible problems for the child with a disability
- Explain the International Classification of Functioning and the focus on function rather than disability
- Describe key interventions from the multidisciplinary team that minimise barriers to participation in school
- Describe how key working and team around the child model can be used
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.