This micro skills course is an outline of the general principles of consent and focuses on the types of consent to treatment. It examines what happens before the age of consent and what can be done when consent is refused. It also looks at consent in the case of people with learning difficulties, living wills and organ donation.
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Determine an appropriate level of consent for any given procedure and patient;
- Help patients reach informed decisions in the consent process;
- Document the consent procedure and fill in consent forms;
- Appreciate the ethical considerations of consent;
- Utilise the guidelines on consent for organ donation
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.