Optimisation in Fluoroscopy
This micro skills course describes the dose reduction strategies for fluoroscopy, including pulsed fluoroscopy and the use of additional filtration. It will also introduce the use of image processing to enhance clinical images.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Institute of Physics and Engineering in Medicine
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Explain the importance of collimation and virtual collimation
- Describe the use of last image hold, fluoro grab and fluoro loop
- Explain the advantages of using pulsed fluoroscopy
- Describe the effect of additional filtration on patient skin dose
- Describe how image processing can improve clinical images
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.