Nutritional Requirements in Adolescence
This micro skills course will describe nutritional requirements during adolescence, typical eating patterns which could lead to nutritional deficiencies, common dieting strategies used, and the additional nutritional needs arising with pregnancy.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Royal College of Paediatrics and Children's Health
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Summarise the five main food groups as demonstrated by the eatwell guide
- Recognise the role of a healthy diet during adolescence, for future good health and in preventing obesity
- Recognise the importance of specific nutrients during rapid adolescent growth
- Identify typical eating patterns in adolescence which may lead to nutrient deficiencies, and recognise that nutrient deficiency may accompany excessive calorie intake
- List common diets adopted by teenagers and summarise the nutritional significance of each
- Outline the nutritional needs that arise during teenage pregnancy
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.