This micro skills course elaborates on NICE (CG190) Guidelines, paying particular attention to the use of cardiotocography in the assessment of fetal well-being and the potential for errors in cardiotocograph interpretation.
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Explain the place of cardiotocography in the assessment of fetal well-being;
- Explain the NICE recommendations on electronic fetal monitoring, including hourly review, and documentation and scoring/classification of the cardiotocograph;
- Describe the limitations of classification methods and the potential errors in interpretation of the cardiotocograph, including erroneous recording of the maternal heart rate
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.