Multidisciplinary Management of Adolescent Obesity
This micro skills course focuses on management of obesity at an individual level. It will describe the multi-disciplinary treatment of obesity in adolescents. Current guidelines for best practice in this area will be outlined and relevant public policy documents highlighted. Some important management strategies will be described and outcomes for the most common approaches to treating adolescent obesity will be presented.
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Identify the aims of weight management in adolescents
- Recognise when unhealthy methods of weight control are being used and take appropriate action
- Follow the recommendations from key documents outlining best practice in the management of adolescent obesity
- Identify the key nutrition, activity and behavioural targets for effective treatment of adolescent obesity
- Recognise the potential ill effects of exposure to media coverage of weight control
- Evaluate the suitability of commercial weight loss programmes for young people
- List specific considerations for weight management in adolescents
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.