This micro skills course is aimed at a universal audience and will explore the transition from primary school to secondary school. It will discuss the factors that may impact on this transition and the role of services to support children with particular physical, developmental, emotional or social needs.
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Recognise ways of identifying children with health, developmental and social needs who need targeted support and identify ways to help them;
- Outline identification of, and interventions to stop, the development of eating disorders, obesity and spending excessive screen time on TV and computers;
- Recognise the differences between normal pubertal development, early puberty and precocious puberty and the impact on the transition to secondary school;
- Identify the psychological and social impact of early puberty and managementof menstruation in primary school settings and the support offered to children with learning difficulties or autism spectrum disorder in (early) puberty;
- Briefly outline the presentation of adolescent scoliosis;
- Recognise issues around emotional and social development and how this impacts on learning in secondary school, and the differences in support for vulnerable learners in secondary compared with primary school
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.