More Complicated Non-normal CTGs
This micro skills course covers the less frequently encountered abnormalities in the cardiotocograph (CTG) during labour.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe normal control of fetal heart rate;
- Discuss the fetal response to evolving hypoxic stress;
- Identify specific patterns on the CTG trace that reflect types of hypoxia;
- Recognise fetal heart ‘overshoots’ and ‘cycling’ and explain their significance;
- Evaluate patterns observed on a CTG trace applying pathophysiology
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.