Monitor fall minimisation strategies
This micro skills course describes the skills and knowledge required to work in partnership with older people and their carers to implement interventions in the context of an individualised plan to reduce risk. This micro skills course applies to support workers in a residential or community context. Work performed requires a range of well developed skills where some discretion and judgement is required. Workers will take responsibility for their own outputs under direct or indirect supervision.
What will I learn?
- Monitor the effects of the strategies on the older person
- Identify indicators of increased risk
- Identify when strategies are not having the desired result and identify possible reasons for this
- Reassess and identify more appropriate strategies
- Work with the older person and their carers to assess the outcomes of falls minimisation strategies and discuss with supervisor and/or or relevant health professional
- This skills course may contain references to Australian laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This skills course may not be available in your country.
- This skills course is delivered by a certified Talisium trainer and assessor in your workplace and requires active student participation including practical skills demonstrations for assessment.
What should I know before commencing this?
Prepare for an assessment of the risk of falls. Conduct an assessment of the risk of falls. Implement fall minimisation strategies.