Models of the Consultation
This micro skills course describes various models of the general practice consultation, and details how to use each one. The micro skills course is intended to be a basis for the subsequent GP consultation micro skills courses.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Royal College of General Practitioners
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the purpose of consultation models
- Describe the key features of some of the models in common use
- Appraise the role of the models (and their limitations) in developing a personal consulting style
- Analyse and adapt consultations through the use of consultation models
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.