Memory Problems in Older People
This micro skills course describes an approach to the forgetful patient in primary care and provides an overview of the epidemiology and diagnosis of dementia.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Royal College of General Practitioners
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Recognise the impact of dementia on the health of the nation
- Recognise the differential diagnosis of dementia and when to refer to secondary care
- Distinguish those with memory symptoms caused by conditions other than dementia
- Understand the use of cognitive enhancing medications and be aware of potential side effects
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.