Meeting the Health Needs of the School Age Child
This micro skills course will explore the key messages about public health in the context of school health and new models of service delivery. In particular, it will focus on the World Health Organizations definitions of public health and the study on Health Behaviours in School-aged Children (HSBC).
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Summarise information regarding public health and the causes of public health problems in the 21st century;
- Summarise issues that are underlined in the Health Behaviours in School-aged Children (HBSC) study by the World Health Organization (WHO);
- Identify the knowledge and skills needed to work together for optimum public health outcomes for children and their families;
- Choose the best environment for practice: hospital, clinic, school, classroom, home or wider community;
- Evaluate the different methods of communication: face-to-face, email, mobile phone, text and letters to support the child, parents and school
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.