Medico-legal Aspects of Palliative Care
This micro skills course aims to provide an overview of the major medico-legal issues likely to arise in the palliative care situation and provide GPs with clear directions on how to manage them.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Royal College of General Practitioners
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Summarise the principles of confidentiality as relevant to palliative care
- Recognise how the Mental Capacity Act impacts on clinical care
- Explain the concept and limitations of living wills
- Identify how Lasting Powers of Attorney and the Court of Protection can be used
- Describe the process of death certification and cremation in the UK
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.