Medications and Older Adults
This micro skills course describes the physiological changes that occur with ageing and the effects these changes have on the handling of analgesic medicines.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Royal College of Anaesthetists
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe the physiological changes of ageing that alter drug handling
- Outline the effect of physiological changes on the handling of paracetamol and NSAIDs in older people
- Explain the clinical relevance of pharmacological differences between different opioids in older people
- Describe the considerations when choosing pharmacological treatments for neuropathic pain in older people
- Identify topical treatments for pain that may be effective for older people
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.