Medical Assessment and Management of Obesity
This micro skills course will describe the key elements in the medical assessment and management of adolescent obesity and its relation to type 2 diabetes and insulin resistance. It will also cover the identification of secondary causes of obesity.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Royal College of Paediatrics and Children's Health
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Discuss the complex nature of management of obesity
- Recognise the recent government policy on obesity and its application to obesity treatment in young people
- Recognise specific government targets and their expected effect on average body mass index (BMI) in adolescents
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.