Mechanisms of Early Normal Growth of the Craniofacial Skeleton
This micro skills course explains the mechanisms behind normal growth of the cranium, maxilla and mandible in the child and young adult. The growth and changes in the soft tissues of the face are also explained.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Faculty of Dental Surgery Royal College of Surgeons
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe mechanisms of craniofacial growth
- Explain endochondral and intramembranous ossification and associated processes
- Describe the normal growth of the craniofacial structures and how they may affect appearance and function
- Describe the normal growth and changes that occur in the facial soft tissues
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.