Measurement for QI
This micro skills course compares measurement for improvement with measurement for research or measurement for accountability or judgement, it describes three different types of measure: outcome, process and balancing measures and it explores four key ways of recording and presenting data to help QI projects: tally charts, pareto charts, run charts and SPC charts.
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Compare measurement for improvement with measurement for research and measurement for accountability or judgement;
- List three different types of measures: outcome, process and balancing measures;
- Describe variation in measurement including time series analysis of events;
- Create a simple run chart;
- Explain the fundamentals of statistical process control charts and the methods to separate random from assignable variation;
- Describe tally charts, pareto charts, run charts and statistical process control charts
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.