Managing Sports Injuries in Primary Care
This micro skills course discusses a selection of the sports injuries that commonly present to primary care practitioners.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Royal College of General Practitioners
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe common knee injuries (anterior cruciate ligament (ACL)/collateral ligament and medial meniscal injuries) and their management
- Recognise a stress fracture, and explain how to investigate it
- Identify tibial periostitis (shin splints) and its management
- Identify a ruptured Achilles tendon and know how to manage it
- Explain how to diagnose a SLAP (superior labral anterior posterior) lesion, in at-risk athletes with shoulder pain, and be able to perform a test to help identify one
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.