Managing Multiple Risk Factors in Type 2 Diabetes
This micro skills course gives an overview of the relative benefits of controlling blood pressure, lipids, glycaemia in type 2 diabetes in terms of macrovascular and microvascular complications, and mortality.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Royal College of General Practitioners
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe the benefits of treating the cardiovascular risk factors in type 2 diabetes
- Recall the relative importance of controlling risk factors in type 2 diabetes
- Explain the evidence behind risk factor control
- Describe when and how to initiate treatment for cardiovascular risk factors
- Discuss the positive and negative aspects of tight glycaemic control
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.