Managing Common Mental Health Problems
This micro skills course describes some of the broad issues to consider when managing common or potentially serious mental health problems in young people. It concentrates on generic principles including ethical considerations, the timeliness of intervention, and the involvement of parents.
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe the factors that would influence your decision as to when to intervene when a young person presents with a mental health problem
- Be aware of the use of structured assessment tools in the management of young people with mental health problems
- Know about the ethical and legal issues in relation to young people with mental health problems including involvement of parents
- Have a framework for offering initial management for young people with mental health problems
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.