Managing a Patient with Hyperthyroidism in Primary Care
This micro skills course describes the causes, initial investigation and treatment options for patients who present to a general practitioner with hyperthyroidism.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Royal College of General Practitioners
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe the natural history of Graves disease
- Differentiate the causes of hyperthyroidism
- Describe the two commonly used medications to treat hyperthyroidism
- Describe when to refer patients to secondary care
- Recognise the implications and complications of radioactive iodine treatment
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.