Management of Term Newborn Babies with Hypoglycaemia
This micro skills course looks at the prevention, identification and management of term babies with hypoglycaemia.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
NHS Health Education England
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Explain the normal physiology of blood glucose metabolism in the newborn
- Discuss the management of term low risk babies and those who are reluctant to feed
- Identify babies at a higher risk of developing hypoglycaemia
- Define what management plans should be put in place for babies at risk of hypoglycaemia
- Signpost parents on how to recognise the early signs of hypoglycaemia
- Explain when babies should be admitted to Neonatal Unit
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.