Management of Gingivitis
This micro skills course describes the diagnosis and management of gingivitis. It also explains how to distinguish gingivitis from periodontitis and when to refer the patient for specialist help. NOTE: This micro skills course contains large video files. Connection speeds vary so please allow sufficient time for video to download.
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- State what gingivitis is and its causes
- Explain the process of plaque formation
- Recognise the signs and symptoms of gingivitis
- Explain to your patients about the condition and its significance
- Explain effective treatment measures
- Re-evaluate the patient and advise on the need for further treatment
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.