Management of Failed Intubation
This micro skills course will describe the management of a failed intubation. This can be a life threatening micro skills course, especially if it occurs in conjunction with an inability to ventilate. This micro skills course will also introduce and explain the Difficult Airway Society guidelines for the management of this group of patients.
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Define and recognize a failed intubation
- Describe the management plan for unanticipated difficult intubation, during routine induction and during a rapid sequence induction (RSI)
- Describe the management plan for the cant intubate, cant ventilate scenario
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.