Looked After Children Part 1: Challenges and Principles
In this and micro skills course Safeguarding/Looked After Children Part 2, we will explore the evidence for the statement that looked after children have a higher level of health, mental health and health promotion needs than others of the same age and look at how the Healthy Child Programme can meet these needs.
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Provide a definition and describe the epidemiology of looked after children in England
- Outline the challenges of providing the Healthy Child Programme to this group of children
- Outline the principles of optimising health services for looked after children
- Reflect on service provision for children in your local area and apply principles to plan/improve health services for looked after children
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.