Local Anaesthesia for Subdermal Implant Insertion and Removal
This micro skills course explores the principles of local anaesthetic use for subdermal implant (SDI) insertion and removal.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Faculty of Sexual and Reproductive Healthcare
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe the formulation of the local anaesthetic commonly used for subdermal implant (SDI) insertion and removal;
- Explain the pharmacokinetics of the local anaesthetic used for SDI insertion and removal;
- Recognise the risks of the local anaesthetic when used in SDI insertion and removal;
- Describe the aspiration technique of subdermal local anaesthetic injection;
- Outline the features and management of local anaesthetic overdose in SDI procedures
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.