Local Anaesthesia and Analgesia for IUD/IUS Insertion
This micro skills course explores the principles of local anaesthetic and analgesic use for Cu-IUD/LNG-IUS insertion and removal.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Faculty of Sexual and Reproductive Healthcare
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe the available formulations of local anaesthetics commonly used for Intrauterine Device/System (IUD/IUS) insertion;
- Explain the pharmacokinetics of local anaesthetics when used for IUD/IUS insertion;
- Recognise the risks of local anaesthetics when used for IUD/IUS insertion;
- Describe the technique of administration of intracervical block;
- Outline the features and management of local anaesthetic overdose in IUD/IUS insertion procedures;
- List the analgesics commonly offered for IUD/IUS insertion and post procedure pain
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.