Limitations and Pitfalls
This micro skills course describes factors that can lead to misdiagnosis, including ultrasound artifacts and normal cardiac anatomical structures that may be misdiagnosed as pathological processes. It also considers the limitations of basic echo in those who are inexperienced in its use.
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- List the normal cardiac structures that can be wrongly labelled as pathological lesions
- Describe the different types of artifact that can occur during ultrasound imaging
- Outline the limitations of a basic transthoracic study and identify when a comprehensive transthoracic echo examination is required
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.